Sunday, November 30, 2014

I have been given today.

I have been given today. It's a gift. A gift that I slowly unwrap moment after moment, minute after minute, hour after hour. Somedays I tear through my gift without a thankful heart. I sit angry, hurt and bitter, because I fail to see that the painful trial of that day isn't meant to drag me down, but to make me stronger. Like the irritation of a tiny speck of sand inside the mouth of an unsuspecting clam, my day, my irritating hard day, is actually the start of a beautiful pearl forming. My sweet Jesus just sits and smiles, and even giggles as His daughter toils and turns. As she fights her way into what seems like freedom, wishing, hoping, praying that it would get better or be easier. Little does she know, little do I know, that the process, the pain, the turmoil, the trial, is making me into her; the beautiful clam that turn a piece of sand into a pearl. I am His daughter, and His creation. I was made for His glory, made for His pleasure, and made as a display of His splendor.

So if you find me amidst a day that I am tearing through, consumed with my life and my list and my trials, remind me about the pearl that Jesus is creating in me, and I promise to do the same for you.

Until next time.....

No comments: